Being member of Windows Server Operating Systems family, Windows Server 2012 doesn’t offer Sticky Notes feature as Windows Client OS offers. But here is a tweak to enable Sticky Notes feature in Windows Server 2012.
First of all, enable Desktop Experience feature from server manager.
1. Go to Server Manager -> Local Server -> Add roles and features
2. From features option windows, select these features:
- User Interfaces and Infrastructure
- Desktop Experience
Once these features are installed, restart the machine.
3. Download StickyNotes.rar file and extract it. (For 64bit OS, use StickyFiles64 and for 32bit OS use StickyFiles86).
4. Create a folder “Sticky Notes” in Program Files. Copy StikyNot.exe and slc.dll files in it and create a folder “en-US” and copy StikyNot.exe.mui file in it.
Folder Hierarchy should be:Program Files\Sticky Notes\en-US -> StikyNot.exe.mui Program Files\Sticky Notes\ -> StikyNot.exe and slc.dll
Files should look like this:
5. Copy SNTSearch.dll in System32 folder (C:\Windows\System32)
6. Copy SNTSearch.dll.mui in System32\en-US (C:\Windows\System32\en-US)
If you like this tutorial, please comment below and share it with others.