Driver Power State Failure is an error that mostly displayed due to incompatible or inappropriate driver for any hardware device installed in your computer. If you recently installed a new hardware device, make sure you’ve got the updated drivers from the manufacturer’s website. Disconnect all external devices like USB etc. A simple restart can also resolve the issue.
If the problem isn’t resolved even after the restart, the computer must be restarted in safe mode with administrator account and problematic device driver should be uninstalled.
1. Start computer in Safe mode and log on to Windows 8 or 8.1 with administrator account.
2. Open Control Panel. Type Control Panel in the Search Box.
3. On All Control Panel Items window, click Device Manager.
4. On Device Manager Window, expand the device category that seems to have the issue.
5. Right click on the yellow marked device driver and click uninstall from the context menu.
6. Click OK to confirm the un-installation of the device driver.
7. Once uninstalled, restart the computer.
Driver_Power_State_Failure Error must be fixed now after uninstalling the problematic device driver.
If you like this tutorial, please comment below and share it with others.