Internet Information Services (IIS) is still an optional windows feature in Windows 10 like in the older versions of Windows. It is installed from Control Panel if required. Windows 10 installs IIS version 10 while Windows 8 supports IIS version 8.
Here are the steps how to install IIS in Windows 10
1. Open Run box by pressing the combination of Windows + R key. Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and then click OK or press enter.
It will open the “Programs and Features” part of Control Panel.
Or just type Control Panel in the search box and press enter. Click or tap Program and Features in the Control Panel.
2. In Program and Features part of Control Panel, click on “Turn Windows features on or off” on the left hand side pane.
3. Windows Feature box will be prompted. Click on the Internet Information Services check box.
4. By default, it installs basic stuff that needs to host a website. If you need to install its extra components for development tasks then expand it and check the boxes as per your requirement.
5. A small window will appear on the screen. It will show that changes are being applied.
6. When it’s finished, open your browser and go to localhost.
That’s all. IIS 10 has been installed in Windows 10.